Monday, March 31, 2008

And so it begins.....


I knew it was inevitable, I just didn't know it would happen this fast. You are looking at my sons very first Go Kart, as long as Papa wins the bid on EBay. It is actually for 3-6 year olds, but Alex says if he's too short to reach the pedals, he will teach him some fundamentals for now and some mechanics. Teach him about the Kart itself. OH BOY. I'm not sure how I feel about all of this racing stuff, but I knew since we saw the sonogram and it was a boy, that this was the way it was going to go down. Luckily, my son was born to drive. He wants to drive anything and everything. When we were leaving church yesterday, first he wanted to drive the "moving truck" that Elevation Church transports their equipment in. Then he wanted to drive the school buses in the parking lot. Not one trip to my car does he not ask....Can I drive Mom? Even though I say no every single time, he asks in hopes for one fine day that I will say "YES, YOU CAN DRIVE SON." He wants to drive the fire sprinkler valve that is connected to the wall outside of the grocery store. Can you believe? You can not fathom the arguments over driving that I have had with my son. When he sees this Go Kart, and finds out that it's his....he's going to FLIP HIS LID. Right now he has a go kart that Papa got at Toys r' Us that is battery operated, and rather than a pedal, it is a button on the steering wheel. I've seen him cruise through Alex's house on that thing...maneuvering and cutting corners! He also rides it out in the street, and all Alex has to do is yell..."Turn!...Straighten the wheel!....." and he is a natural pro-he really is. Even on his bicycle, he goes around my house and makes turns, and cuts corners, and he never bangs into anything. I guess driving is his "gift". It's a scary gift for a Mommy though...don't cha think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DESTINY is scary sometimes!!!!! thats all I can say.... its like ryan, FULL CONTACT SPORTS, ONLY!!!!! its a guy thing, and keeps him where i want him (get my drift??) HAHHAAA